My specialty is coping with health difficulties, including those conditions that may involve chronic pain. As a prior School Social worker and currently a Family Therapist, I notice how strongly our relationships impact us. Unattended Relationship issues erode our ability to be strong in every aspect of our lives, particularly our physical health.
Such good news about our capacity to change has been uncovered by the neuroimaging techniques of the last 30 years. Yes, genetics play a role, but is is significantly less than what most people think. Genes are turned on or off in a complex interplay of well...everything. Relationships, life style choices, our own expectations, buried trauma, responses to the physical environment, all make us who we are. It's unnecessary to be resigned to negative habits and outcomes. I hope to awaken your curiosity about what cues your body/mind may be giving you. It has, after all, got you here to where you are now. Where you are now in your life, and also to NOW, as you explore possibilities with an open mind.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia, (CBT-I), 2023
- Empowered Relief Pain Management, Stanford University, 2022
- Pain Reprocessing Therapy Training, 2022
- Discernment Counseling, 2017 ( Self- Assessment of your Marriage)
- School Social Worker & member of the Special Ed. Team, Lake Villa S.D., 1997-2013
- Licensed Social Worker, State of Illinois, License # 149.012912, 2008
- Certified Mediator, Mediation Institute of Ireland, 2018